Innov-SWAC, the first conference dedicated to SWAC and sponsored by the European project EuroSWAC, will be organised and hosted by the SWAC Club France on 8 December 2022 virtually.
While the cooling needs of coastal regions and ports are increasing, cooling is still mainly produced by chillers. This technology uses large amounts of electricity generated mainly by fossil fuels, which slows down the achievement of many countries’ energy and climate targets. However, alternative cooling and heating solutions exist.
SWAC (Sea Water Air Conditioning) is a simple technology based on pumping cold water from the seas and oceans. It can be used to produce thermal energy for buildings (hospitals, data centres, etc.) or industrial processes (cold rooms, drying, ice production, etc.).
Seawater cooling technology requires close collaboration with marine industries and engineering offices to develop innovative technological aspects such as: reduction of installation costs (by a self-burying system) or supply costs (flexible pipe concept).
Many technical innovations (like the one mentioned above) and economic innovations are involved in the development of the SWAC solution. The webinar organised by Club SWAC France will be the opportunity for all the actors of this development to present these innovations.
Session en Français / French session
- 10h00 – Introduction
- 10h10 – Innovations technologiques pour optimiser le coût d’un SWAC
- 10h30 – Potentiel SWAC dans la Manche
- 10h50 – Évaluation expérimentale du potentiel de la climatisation par eau de mer (SWAC) en climat tropical
- 11h10 – SWAC – De l’importance de l’optimisation
- 11h30 – Table ronde
Session en Anglais / English session
- 13h30 – Introduction
- 13h40 – Can effluent from Seawater Air Conditioning (SWAC be used in aquaculture ?
- 14h00 – Technical potential for sea water air conditioning (SWAC) in the Channel Area
- 14h20 – Seawater air-conditioning and ammonia district cooling.
- 14h40 – Optimizing the cost of a Horizontal Directional Drilling project in the context of a landfall
- 15h00 – SWAC – optimization value
- 15h20 – Round tablediscussion
Follow the event on Linkedin